Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Everyone has these goals that are unattainable. Every year I say I'm going to lose 50+ lbs before xx month or I'm going to start working out. The truth is I HATE exercise. I don't like sweating. I feel dirty and gross if I sweat. I want to make goals that I can stick to. I want to feel good about myself.

SO, my goals for this year are :
1) I want to learn to knit. There are so many awesome vintage patterns that I would love to make.
2) I need to curve my temper. I am a fiery person and my husband likes it most of the time.
3) If all goes well (and hopefully it will) I want to start a scarf and hat drive with my church. There are a lot of homeless in Northern Nevada .I feel that giving them scarves and hats would make their lives a bit more easy.
4) Work on my self-esteem. I am a plus sized gal. I have always been told "If you were to lose 40/50 lbs. you'd be a knock-out." After a point, I started telling them. "Have you ever thought that perhaps I'm okay with where I'm at? " That always made them think twice. I see so many plus size gals that look fabulous and wish I could look like them. My husband loves me as I am. I need to learn to love myself as I am.
5) I want to teach my husband to be more charitable. He's good at giving tips but not at helping out his fellow man. I tell him we need to help others that are less fortunate. My Abuelita Ines used to always say: " I like to help others that way if I'm ever in the same position (being homeless or needing a meal) someone will take pity and help me out." My grandmother was a very strong, stubborn woman. I'll have to post an entry about her one day.

My Mom , brother, sister , and grandma came over for New Year's weekend. It was nice to see them. I really did miss them. We had pizza on Saturday night and talked for a long time. My mom lost a lot of weight. I'd lose a lot of weight too if my husband made my life a living Hell. On Sunday, we went to Reno. We went to a couple of antique stores and I came away with a satisfying haul. It'll make a post with pics later this week. I need to start putting Christmas ornaments away and get things rolling again. Until next time. Ta!

2 comments:

  1. Great resolutions, especially the knitting one. Two of my very close friends knit, and I would like to learn, but right now I just don't have the time. Maybe next year!

    Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome reslutions amor!
    I wish I had the patience to knit.
    Besios

    ReplyDelete