Saturday, December 3, 2011

Long Time No Post

I kinda forgot I started a new blog. Oops. I guess I can use this blog as my new point of life.

In early August, my husband was hired by GE to work for them. In Northern Nevada. I was excited but kinda weary at first. This would mean picking up all of our things and moving 400 miles away from everyone and everything I know. At this point, we had been married for 7 months and only my mom and his parents knew. My father only thought we were engaged. I have a very dysfunctional relationship with my father if it even classifies as a relationship. It's very complicated and I don't really talk about it much now that I live with my husband.

Back to moving to Nevada. We moved up here in early August so we could get to know the area. We stayed with Jesse's uncle. We felt welcomed but didn't want to over extend our stay. It's awkward trying to have sex in your relatives house especially when the headboard bangs LOUDLY when you turn over.

My in-laws come down during Labor Day weekend and take us back to Orange County. We rent a Budget Truck and move our butts back up here with new kitty in tow. I wanted a cat to keep me company with the hubby was working swing shift. We rented this really nice duplex with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, and a 2 car garage. Not that we need the 2 car garage since we only have one car. What sold us on this place was 1) we only share 1 wall with the other duplex and 2) we have a small enclosed backyard. It's a nice little house for us and our cat.

Things we going well or so we thought. First Jesse gets a verbal warning for being late. He was late a few time but by like 2 or 3 minutes.Then he gets called in for a bunch of crap that he didn't do. His assistant supervisor told the actual supervisor that Jesse wasn't completing his work and was not getting along with his co-workers. To make a long story short, he got fired over a lie due to assistant supervisor's wife not liking him. I was devastated. I threw up I was so upset.

That was in Mid-October. Now almost 2 months later, he's finally got some companies interested in him. I keep praying he gets on of these jobs. I'd love to go back to California but not as a failure. I know our families keep telling us that we're not failures but I would feel like a failure.
I pray to God he get's one of these jobs. I have faith he will. He's an Electrical Engineer. There isn't a university that has that program up here. Luckily we had money in our savings. That is the only reason we were able to stay here that long. Cost of living is cheaper out here too.

I just needed to get things off my chest. Hopefully things will be better next I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment