Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Good News

My husband was able to find a job and we won't have to move! We found out on Friday and proceeded to tell everyone. I am so grateful to the Virgen de Guadalupe. I promised her my hair if she would helps Jesse find a job. So I cut off about 6 inches of my hair. This is the first time in over 10 years that my hair is short.
I miss my long hair but it's a lot easier to take care of short hair. Jesse likes long hair but oh well.
That same day we went out and bought our first Christmas tree as a married couple. We bought a 4 foot Noble Fir. I really wanted to buy an artificial tree but Jesse wouldn't hear of it. I had been buying ornaments at estate sales and thrift stores. Once I get batteries for my camera I'll post some pictures. I made a tree skirt and Christmas bunting to hang over the tree. I want to make stocking for Jesse, Ridley, and I but I don't know if I'm going to have them done in time.

Our wedding reception is about 2 months away. We're trying to buckle everything down and get things in order. We're going to have a Super Mario cake. Next month I need to buy the plates, forks, and napkins. Maybe order the flowers too. Things tend to come about a lot quicker when you're worried about money.

That's all for now. Things are looking up, thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment