Friday, January 11, 2013

New Goals

In the blink on an eye and  the first week of the New Year has come and gone. It seems like time is always slipping right past me and not ever leaving a note. The hubby and I have been in recovery mode of the last couple of weeks. I love having family over but a week is a bit much. Especially when my father-in-law wants to know EVERYTHING that goes on in the kitchen. It's like talking to a four year old instead of a grown 65 year old. Drove me nuts!

I've been furiously working on making my sister a few gifts for her birthday next week. I made her a pair of fingerless gloves (yes another pair), a circle scarf and found her an ethnic print bag from Myanmar and a gold cheetah tote. I also found my more this really pretty shawl at one of local thrift stores. At $2.50 I couldn't  pass it up. I remember my mom had been wanting one for a while so another reason to buy it.I believe it's hand made since I didn't find any tags and the stitches didn't look mechanical.

Photobucket 

I had a few photos I wanted to post but for some reason my laptop isn't reading the memory card and I don't think I should reformat it. I'm sure well loose all of the photos one there. There are quite a few of the snow fall and my outfit pics. As soon as I get the hubby on it, I'll make aniother post.

I've been thinking of New Year's Goals for myself over the last couple of days. I say goals becase resolutions sound so cold and boring. I've come up with a few I'd like to to share:

1) Post more outfits photos- I know I post the occasional upper body shot but I'd really want to start posting whole outfit photos. It's always nice to see a whole outfit on people.
2) Set my hair more- I really enjoy doing my hair. I prefer my foam curlers to a curling iron. Those type of curls last a few days if you take care of them.
3) Learn to take better photos- I've been learning some tips and tricks from Jess about photography. It really does make a big difference.
4) Decorate- The hubby and I have different ideas of how we want to decorate. I just want to decorate hopefully we'll get that done soon.
5) Travel more- I dont mean out of the country but within our region. There are so many wonderful areas that I'd love to see. Now that we have a better truck, we should be able to travel more.
6) Be happy -It's often so hard to keep the simple things in mind. Being happy and grateful makes a world of a difference.

I'm sure I'll think of other things that I would like to improve and I'll keep them in mind. I'm not going to kick my own butt if I get a little of track. It'll only make me feel worse and get me down.

As always here's a photo of my sleeping boy. He's been cold enough to sleep under the covers with me. I don't mind. he keeps me nice and toasty. I hope everyone has a great weekend.


Photobucket


15 comments:

  1. Those are great goals!

    I hope you don't lose your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGREED WITH YOU !!!ESPECIALLY ON NO 3 AND 5!!!;))GOOD LUCK!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. O,darling Ridley! Cats do make wonderful hot water bottles! Even when They are known as The Fist!!! Funny you said in a comment that he lies across you;I haven't had a cat do that in bed.
    DOESN'T time just get away?! madness!
    I don't make resolutions, because then it would be something I HAVE to do and being of a rebellious nature, I simply wouldn't do it! I'd love to see more outfits from you, for sure!
    Family! Love 'em, can't live with 'em!!!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that he's bigger he's warmer.The poor thing is so much of an indoor cat he never grew a winter coat. I need to knit him a sweater for winter. I make these goals but really they're like reminders and points to keep in mind.

      Delete
  4. Ridley is so cute. Our cat Sasha likes to sleep alone or in my daughter's room, but the dogs like to snuggle in with us and, being Jack Russells, they're the perfect size for hot water bottles plus an added bonus is they stay warm all night!
    I'd like to see you doing more outfit posts, I need to learn how to do them myself, and I would also like to travel more this year, I don't really care where, anywhere would be good. And your number 6 is always a good one to remember, we can choose to be happy even when things aren't just how we'd wish them to be. Hope you have a very happy 2013 Mistress Catgirl! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think he's the cutest cat ever had. He knows when and how to be cute. We have tripod so maybe that will work out better than just using my cell.

      Delete
  5. darling these are som really great goals, i can´t wait to see you and your outfits here more often!
    and travel more and be happy is also one of my big goals ;)
    wish you all the best!
    big kiss,mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love to travel but it can get expensive which is why I'm trying to find free or cheap nature related outings in our area.

      Delete
    2. I am right there with you on all of your resolutions...especially the setting my hair bit! How are the foam rollers working for you? Is sleeping a pain? I pincurl my hair occasionally, but I want to try foam rollers...

      Delete
    3. I've gotten used to sleeping with them but at first it was a little hard. I wrap my hair in a scarf to help keep them in place since I toss and turn a lot through the night. I've wanted to try pin curls but can never get them right.Having a fluffy pillow helps.

      Delete
  6. That's a good blend of goals. Some can be done (relatively speaking) in the moment, others are longer term ambitions and plans (and some, say like seeing more of your area, can easily be both). I think such an approach is an important element to long term goal success.

    I wish you the very best with all of your resolutions/goals and am here to cheer you on all year long! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica. Long term goals are always the hardest but they tend to give the best reward.

      Delete