I've been furiously working on making my sister a few gifts for her birthday next week. I made her a pair of fingerless gloves (yes another pair), a circle scarf and found her an ethnic print bag from Myanmar and a gold cheetah tote. I also found my more this really pretty shawl at one of local thrift stores. At $2.50 I couldn't pass it up. I remember my mom had been wanting one for a while so another reason to buy it.I believe it's hand made since I didn't find any tags and the stitches didn't look mechanical.
I had a few photos I wanted to post but for some reason my laptop isn't reading the memory card and I don't think I should reformat it. I'm sure well loose all of the photos one there. There are quite a few of the snow fall and my outfit pics. As soon as I get the hubby on it, I'll make aniother post.
I've been thinking of New Year's Goals for myself over the last couple of days. I say goals becase resolutions sound so cold and boring. I've come up with a few I'd like to to share:
1) Post more outfits photos- I know I post the occasional upper body shot but I'd really want to start posting whole outfit photos. It's always nice to see a whole outfit on people.
2) Set my hair more- I really enjoy doing my hair. I prefer my foam curlers to a curling iron. Those type of curls last a few days if you take care of them.
3) Learn to take better photos- I've been learning some tips and tricks from Jess about photography. It really does make a big difference.4) Decorate- The hubby and I have different ideas of how we want to decorate. I just want to decorate hopefully we'll get that done soon.
5) Travel more- I dont mean out of the country but within our region. There are so many wonderful areas that I'd love to see. Now that we have a better truck, we should be able to travel more.
6) Be happy -It's often so hard to keep the simple things in mind. Being happy and grateful makes a world of a difference.
I'm sure I'll think of other things that I would like to improve and I'll keep them in mind. I'm not going to kick my own butt if I get a little of track. It'll only make me feel worse and get me down.
As always here's a photo of my sleeping boy. He's been cold enough to sleep under the covers with me. I don't mind. he keeps me nice and toasty. I hope everyone has a great weekend.