I hope everyone is having a great beginning of the week. I was pretty busy last week. I made a dress and a couple of small projects. This week I got the cleaning bug in me. On Monday, I cleaned the entire kitchen. I wiped down the counter, scrubbed the stove top and swept/mopped the floor. It always gives me a sense of pride when I see my kitchen all nice and clean. Yesterday, I organized all the draws in both the bathrooms. I got tired of drawers not closing properly and not being able to find anything. I got rid of things that didn't have pairs and make up that hadn't been used in over 5 months. Then I vacuumed our bedroom and finally hung up tiki hut than I found at Salvation Army for $5. I hung it up in the corner near my side of the bed. It came with a few floral branches. I rearranged them to look like it was covering the roof. Then I added a couple of glittery butterflies. Let's face it glitter makes things better. I want to get a fake bird and have it sit inside the hut. I think it'll look cute. Now if I can find a nice hamper to compliment it.
Over the last couple of weeks I've been buying a few picture frames here and there at thrift stores. We have a collection of Olivia pin up photos that we've been wanting to hang up. Originally they were going to go in the guest bathroom but I thought they were a little risque. So they're going in our bedroom. I'm hoping we can do a cluster of them as a headboard. I spray painted the frames over the weekend and let they cure for the 24 hours period. They turned out pretty well. I used the Rust-Oleum brand in Metallic Black. It's textured and has silver flakes that look like glitter. Here's one of the framed pictures.
This is an ad that someone torn out of a magazine back in 1946. It's in great condition. No tears or fold marks. I bought it because it had a nice car ad for a Buick. I thought it would look nice in the hallway. I turn it over and it's and for a yarn brand. It's so freaking cool. This is going in my sewing area. I love all the foundation garments the lady on the horse is wearing. Hopefully I get a chance to go Staples to make a few copies of my vintage patterns to decorate my sewing area with.
I did get my hair cut but I haven't had the right opportunity to have the husband take a good photo. I really like the way it turned out. The hairstylist was patient with me explaining what I wanted and she asked a ton of questions to make sure she was doing it right. I don't know if I've mentioned it but I used to have curly hair when I was a baby. I had ringlets. The hairstylist said that if I used a diffuser when I blow dry my hair it would bring out the curl. I don't own a blow drier so yeah it'll have to wait. I have noticed that if I towel dry it and then scrunch it I get some really nice waves going. It looks so pretty. It's not frizzy either. I think I'll keep it layered from now on.
Today I started sanding my sewing table! Well after I cleaned the garage first. I've been in a very clean-y mood this week. Jess bought me a sanding block (I didn't want a sander) and some sand paper. It's been going pretty good. I took a break to eat lunch and update here.
I have the top completely sanded and have started working on the inside. I realized the front opens up and the mesh thingy is removable. I'm hoping to remove the water marks to the front if not then maybe I'll buy something to replace it. A fabric front would look cute too. I also need to decide if I just want to stain and varnish it or if I want to paint it. I might stain and varnish it so it keeps it natural grain.
Back to sanding. Til next time, Ta!