A few weeks ago I was honored to be nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog by the ever lovely Jessica from Chronically Vintage. If you haven't checked out Jessica's blog I suggest you do. She has a wonderful blog full of vintage outfits, recipes and fun informative posts.
As per the rules of the award, I will state seven random facts about myself.
1) I LOVE ghost stories. Ever since I was a little girl I used to love listening/watching/reading anything related to ghost, spooks, specters and even aliens. My grandma Ines had some of the best stories ever. They usually involved the devil disguising himself as a handsome young man and dragging some beautiful conceited woman to Hell.
2) I taught myself to knit. I've posted a few of my projects on my blog from time to time. I'm rally proud of the fact that I learned to knit by myself. It's a great skill to develop and keeps your mind sharp. Not to mention the bragging rights to anything you make.
3) This Thanksgiving will be our first hosting it as a married couple. Although we've been married for almost 3 years, we've never hosted a Thanksgiving dinner at our home. Usually we attend a family dinner hosted by Jesse's uncle and his wife. It's great not to cook but there's always too many people around and not enough to do. This year it will be Jesse, myself and my in-laws. Nice and quiet.
4) I am a scientist. Buwhahaha. I graduated with an Associate's Degree in Science and Mathematics. I really love and do well in any science class. I told Jesse that once I change my name, I'm going to get cards made with my name and my title as "home maker and mad scientist." He liked the idea.
5) I love gray and gloomy weather. There's something about it being grey outside that makes me happy. I love driking a hot cup of coffee and watching the weather move. The clouds get thinner and thicker. Not to mention I get lots of cuddles from Ridley
6) Vincent price is one of favorite actors. Anyone who has ever seen or heard Vincent Price takes a liking to the man. I've always loved his movies and voice acting was great too. My favorite Vincent Price movie is House on Haunted Hill.
7) I have been trying to finish reading Bram Stoker's Dracula for over 2 years.This is such a great book. I bought this exact version over 3 years ago and have only read it half way through. It's an easy read and very easy to follow but I just haven't done much reading outside of knitting patterns and blogs.
An now for my nominees for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
Elisa from Like a Tree in the Desert -She has some awesome outfits and always seems to have fun weekend adventures.
Deborah from HellCat Vintage She has great posts about rockabilly, plus size and hair tutorials.
Mysti from Mysti Luxe She has some great restorations projects and tips about fixing up vintage.
Rosy from Sewingadicta She is a marvelous seamstress and has reproducd a lot of famous movie outfits by herself.
Mary Lou from MaryLou Cinnamon Another great seamstress who wears everything she makes and looks great.
Mama from Op Shop Mama This lady know how to shop and always has great finds for her and her family.
Helga from Helga von Trollop She is fabulous and fierce. She inspires me to be myself.
I hope everyone has a great week and weekend. I'm hoping to get out of the house and do a little thrifting.